Almaty, Kazakhstan, June 6, 2023 – To promote tourism in Kazakhstan, the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) in partnership with the Kazakh Tourism national company hosted fourteen members of the Society of American Travel Writers (SATW) from May 31 to June 7, 2023.
Supported by USAID’s Trade Central Asia Activity, this press trip generated new international travel writing content on Kazakhstan's tourism sites and cultural attractions to North American readers. SATW members prepared original content throughout their trip and shared it with the public through the writers’ own online platforms as well as their Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts. The writers had the opportunity to enjoy hiking, sightseeing and cultural tourism as well as share their impressions of Kazakhstan with their American and Canadian readership.
SATW is a professional organization of the travel industry’s most experienced journalists, photographers, editors, broadcast/video/film producers, bloggers, website owners, public relations experts and hospitality industry representatives from the United States, Canada and beyond. Founded in 1955, SATW has more than 1,000 members.
The attending travel writers, and the websites they represent, are as follows:
- James Nicholas Ferri (www.neverstoptraveling.com)
- Yves Louis Pierre Gentil
- Eileen Patricia Gunn (www.familiesgotravel.com)
- Mary Jo Manzanares (www.travelingwithmj.com)
- Keryn Elizabeth Ingalls Means (twisttravelmag.com)
- Christopher James Darby Mitchell (www.travelingmitch.com)
- Liana Carlson Moore (https://insiderfamilies.com)
- Lindsay Anne Nieminen (carpediemourway.com)
- Marlynn Jayme Schotland (https://urbanblisslife.com)
- Janice Schroder (www.thetravel100.com)
- Ryan Shauers (www.desktodirtbag.com)
- Lina Anne Stock (www.divergenttravelers.com)
- David Robert Stock Jr (www.divergenttravelers.com)
- Kevin Jeffrey Wagar (https://wanderingwagars.com)
USAID is the world's premier international development agency and a catalytic actor driving development results. For more information, visit the USAID Central Asia website: https://www.usaid.gov/central-asia-regional and Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/USAIDCentralAsia.