- Work With USAID
- Partnership Opportunities
- Researchers, Scientists & Innovators
- American Schools and Hospitals Abroad
- Higher Education Solutions Network (HESN)
- International Research & Science Programs
- Investing in Agricultural Research & Development
- Middle East Regional Cooperation (MERC)
- Minority Serving Institutions Program
- Supporting Agricultural Capacity Development
- Small Business
- Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs)
- In-Country Partners
- Faith-Based & Community Organizations
- Humanitarian Responders
- U.S. Government Agencies & Military
- Search For Opportunities
- Respond to a Solicitation
- Build a Partnership With Us
- Bring us Your Ideas
- Get Involved
Since 1959 ASHA has awarded about $135 million in assistance to various private institutions in Latin America and Caribbean.
ASHA's primary objective is to strengthen the capacity of these institutions through demonstrating American advances in education, medical technology and practices in the areas of:
- Patient care
The educational institutions in this region provide academic and vocational training at the high school, undergraduate and graduate levels. Universities offer programs in the liberal arts, business, medicine, nursing, agriculture, and the sciences. Some of these institutions have extended the use of American ideas and practices to improve agricultural productivity and to combat poverty in rural areas.
The impact of these projects has increased the number and quality of institutions of higher learning, hospitals, and clinics.
Many alumni of academic institutions and recipients of services from medical institutions assisted by ASHA in Latin America and the Caribbean are now key decision makers in their respective fields.
The grants have also contributed to improvements in the socio-economic livelihoods of the communities served and increased mutual understanding between the people of the United States and Latin America and the Caribbean.
For more information on ASHA in Latin America and the Caribbean email Andrea Molfetto at email@example.com.
Last updated: September 13, 2013