- What We Do
- Agriculture and Food Security
- Democracy, Human Rights and Governance
- Economic Growth and Trade
- Ending Extreme Poverty
- Environment and Global Climate Change
- Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment
- Global Health
- Science, Technology and Innovation
- Water and Sanitation
- Water and Development Strategy
- Advancing Water Supply, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Promoting Water Productivity and Efficiency
- Investing in Water and Natural Resources Management
- Enhancing Water and Disaster Risk Reduction
- Learning and Sharing in the Water Sector
- Working in Crises and Conflict
USAID’s Water and Development Strategy promotes the exchange of ideas and knowledge inside the Agency, as well as with implementing partners and the larger development community. Through live-session events, webinars and our quarterly magazine, Global Waters, USAID is striving to provide an opportunity for cross-sectoral knowledge sharing and collaboration. By exploring results and lessons learned, USAID hopes to create stronger partnerships and more sustainable water programs.
To join our mailing list for upcoming water sector events and find out more about past events, please email us at: email@example.com
Share your thoughts on Twitter using #USAIDwater
USAID’s Water Strategy Learning Series: “Strate-Chat”
June 28, 2013 – What is IWRM’s Role in Food Security?
This session emphasized the role of water in food security. Together with the member agencies of the Global Water Initiative (GWI), the session explored the role Integrated Water Resource Management (IWRM) plays in managing water for agricultural sustainability.
- Summary and Key Takeaways
- Presentation – Struggling with the Flood: Food Security and Security and IWRM in Same District, Tanzania [PDF]
- Presentation – Integrated Water Management Solutions: Linking Water for Health and Water for Food [PDF]
- Presentation – Secure Rights as a Basis for Increased Food Security and Participation in IWRM [PDF]
June 27, 2013 – Behavior Change in WASH Programs: From Barriers & Access to Application & Use
USAID hosted this discussion on the global lessons learned in behavior change efforts.
Water News from Around the Globe
Global Waters magazine features in-depth articles exploring solutions to the ongoing water crisis, opinion pieces by top development professionals and first-hand accounts from stakeholders and beneficiaries.
Last updated: July 29, 2013