- What We Do
- Agriculture and Food Security
- Democracy, Human Rights and Governance
- Economic Growth and Trade
- Ending Extreme Poverty
- Environment and Global Climate Change
- Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment
- Global Health
- Water and Sanitation
- Water and Development Strategy
- Advancing Water Supply, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Promoting Water Productivity and Efficiency
- Investing in Water and Natural Resources Management
- Enhancing Water and Disaster Risk Reduction
- Learning and Sharing in the Water Sector
- From The Field
- Working in Crises and Conflict
- U.S. Global Development Lab
World Water Week runs from August 31 – September 5, 2014 in Stockholm, Sweden. The annual global conference focuses on key water issues and practical solutions and attracts experts, opinion leaders, and decision makers from every corner of the planet. This year's theme is "Water and Energy" and involves more than 200 organizations collaborating on over 100 events.
Representatives from USAID will be giving presentations, serving on panels, and giving speeches over the course of the week, including:
Innovation at the Water/Food Nexus: Securing Water for Food Awardees
Monday, September 1st at 12:45-13:45 (Room K22/23) – Welcome and Announcement of Round One Winners (Chris Holmes, USAID Global Water Coordinator)
Innovations in Sustainability for Water and Sanitation Services
Monday, September 1st at 17:45-18:45 (Room T2) – Sustainability Index Tool (SIT) (Katy Beggs, USAID AAAS Fellow, and Heather Skilling, USAID Senior Water & Sanitation Advisor)
Are You Still Pouring Your Post-2015 Water Investments Down the Drain?
Tuesday, September 2nd at 12:45-1345 (Room K22/23) – Panel Introduction (Merri Weinger, USAID Environmental Health Team Leader)
What Do We Know About WASH and Nutrition Linkages to Reduce Child Mortality?
Tuesday, September 2nd at 12:45-13:45 (Room T6) – Panel Speaker (Merri Weinger, USAID Environmental Health Team Leader)
Integrated Water and Energy Policy and Governance
Wednesday, September 3rd at 9:00-12:30 (Room K16/17) – Appraising Context Vulnerability of Isolated Water and Energy Governance in Nigeria (Dr. Joachim Ezeji, USAID/SUWASA)
Water News from Around the Globe
Global Waters magazine features in-depth articles exploring solutions to the ongoing water crisis, opinion pieces by top development professionals and first-hand accounts from stakeholders and beneficiaries.
Last updated: August 28, 2014