- What We Do
- Agriculture and Food Security
- Democracy, Human Rights and Governance
- Economic Growth and Trade
- Ending Extreme Poverty
- Environment and Global Climate Change
- Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment
- Global Health
- Water and Sanitation
- Working in Crises and Conflict
- U.S. Global Development Lab
Video: Voices of TB
TB survivors from around the world have come together to show how this debilitating disease can impact one’s life.
- Listen to their powerful stories of strength in the face of suffering: Voices of TB.
IMPACTblog: An Excellent Diagnosis in Xpert Treatment
It is important to move forward with the GeneXpert MTB/RIF ® test using a robust, comprehensive approach so we can quickly diagnose the many people with TB and put them on lifesaving treatment.
- Read about An Excellent Diagnosis in Xpert Treatment.
Infographic: Path to TB Innovation
Did you know we’ve been using nearly the same technology to diagnose TB for more than 100 years? But now there’s an additional tool that can give faster results.
- Learn more about TB diagnostics: Path to TB Innovation [PDF, 1.2MB].
Press Release: Public Private Partnership Announces Immediate 40% Cost Reduction in Rapid TB Test
The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief, the U.S. Agency for International Development, UNITAID, and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation announced an agreement that will significantly reduce the cost of a new, highly accurate rapid diagnostic test for TB in 145 high-burden and developing countries. Research suggests that the incremental scale-up of GeneXpert MTB/RIF ® in countries with high TB burdens could allow for the rapid diagnosis of 700,000 cases of TB disease and save health systems in low- and middle-income countries more than U.S. $18 million in direct health costs.
- View the press release.
If you have questions or problems with the subscription service, please contact email@example.com
Photo sources for top banner left to right:James Pursey/EGPAF, Marcy Erskine/IFRC, Jameel Ahmad/JSI/PAIMAN.
Last updated: August 13, 2014