- Agriculture and Food Security
- Democracy, Human Rights and Governance
- Economic Growth and Trade
- Environment and Global Climate Change
- Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment
- Global Health
- Science, Technology and Innovation
- Water and Sanitation
- Working in Crises and Conflict
For the first time in history, more than half the world's population lives in cities.
This major demographic milestone is due in large part to the rapid urbanization of the developing world, where the proportion of city dwellers has increased from 20 percent to 40 percent in less than 50 years.
Last updated: April 17, 2013