- Agriculture and Food Security
- Democracy, Human Rights and Governance
- Economic Growth and Trade
- Environment and Global Climate Change
- Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment
- Global Health
- Science, Technology and Innovation
- Water and Sanitation
- Working in Crises and Conflict
Expanding access to modern energy services to power economic and social development is the cornerstone of USAID’s energy-related mission.
To achieve this, the Agency develops and implements programs that seek to:
Support the construction and rehabilitation of infrastructure to restore basic services in post conflict and conflict-prone states.
Improve enabling environments, including policy, legal, regulatory, and commercial reforms, to boost energy sector performance and increase private sector participation and investment.
Enhance operational and commercial performance of public and private sector institutions, including utilities.
Promote increased energy trade and regional power pools.
Help countries reduce their overall carbon emissions and address climate change through clean energy and energy efficiency projects.
Last updated: April 17, 2013