- Agriculture and Food Security
- Increasing Food Security through Feed the Future
- Food Aid Reform
- Expanding and Enhancing Agricultural Markets and Trade
- Supporting Agricultural Capacity Development
- Supporting Global Nutrition
- Investing in Sustainable Agriculture
- Food Assistance
- Food Assistance Related Regulations and Guidance
- Food for Peace Information Bulletins
- Environmental Management
- Preventing Malnutrition in Children under 2 Approach
- Implementation and Reporting
- Quick Facts
- Board for International Food and Agricultural Development
- Democracy, Human Rights and Governance
- Economic Growth and Trade
- Environment and Global Climate Change
- Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment
- Global Health
- Science, Technology and Innovation
- Water and Sanitation
- Working in Crises and Conflict
Environmental Assessment: Cross Sectoral Tools and Operational Guidance
A. Environmental Guidelines for Small Scale Activities in Africa (2005) - This guide covers a range of common small-scale interventions and is a good first step when designing a program.
B. Environmental Budgeting Presentation - REA provides a means to define and prioritize potential environmental impacts in disaster situations. This PowerPoint demonstrates the budget expenditures needed to implement conditions presented in the Development Food Assistance Program Initial Environmental Examination (IEE).
C. UNHCR FRAME Toolkit: Module V – Environmental Indicator Framework - This tool is a framework for assessing, monitoring, and evaluating the environment in refugee-related operations.
E. Biodiversity Assessment Tracking Systems - The Biodiversity Analysis and Technical Support (BATS) for USAID/Africa is a two-year program that will provide analytical and technical assistance to USAID/Africa and support its operating units in the design and implementation of development, security, and humanitarian assistance activities in Africa, in a manner that conserves natural resources and biodiversity, including tropical forest and other critical habitats.
Environmental Assessment: Post Disaster Setting
A. Rapid Environmental Assessment (REA) - REA provides a means to define and prioritize potential environmental impacts in disaster situations.
B. World Wildlife Fund: Green Recovery and Reconstruction Toolkit (GRRT) - The GRRT helps make communities stronger and more resilient by making environmental issues an integral part of the recovery process.
C. The Sphere Project - The Sphere Project is an initiative to define and uphold the standards by which the global community responds to the plight of people affected by disasters, principally through a set of guidelines that are set out in the Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Response (commonly referred to as the Sphere Handbook.
D. Case Studies
1. Emergency Preparedness and Response Solutions (EMPRs)
- Portable Water and Sanitation
- Agricultural Development
- Debris Removal and Disposal
- Economic Institutional Development
- Flood Control and Drainage
- Irrigation and Soil Conservation
- Haiti Rapid Environmental Assessment
Last updated: February 05, 2013