A USAID-supported training center helps youth preserve indigenous knowledge
Cheryl Anderson was sworn in today as the U.S. Agency for International Development’s (USAID) Mission Director for Southern Africa. In this capacity, she will oversee USAID’s regional activities in the Southern Africa region, country-specific activities in South Africa, as well as activities in countries in the region where there is no USAID mission.
• Honorable Minister of International Relations and Cooperation Nkoane-Mashabane,
• UNISA Vice Principal Phakeng,
• IEC Chairperson Moepya,
• Professor Gutto and Professor Teffo,
• Distinguished members of the diplomatic corps,
• Representatives of the IEC and UNISA,
• Participating election management officials from across Africa,
• Other distinguished guests. All protocol observed.
Rescue South Africa, with support from USAID’s Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA) Southern Africa Regional Capacity Building Program, conducted training for members of Lesotho’s National Development of Emergency Services Responders.
Last updated: April 17, 2014