USAID is strengthening its central management performance function to address the operational challenges of the 21st century, and to build a modern development enterprise aligned with the Federal Government’s management initiatives and cross-cutting goals.
Performance management represents the commitment of USAID to increase its accountability for delivering effective development outcomes. USAID is launching a new policy to establish performance management plans and targets to measure progress toward intended objectives for key central operational units
The Agency coordinates and conducts a wide range of management assessments and analyses, using a variety of methods, including field-based assessments, desk studies, secondary data analyses, business process reviews, and systems analyses.
USAID’s contribution to the Government-wide management improvement agenda is presented on performance.gov in the following focus areas:
- Information Technology: We are focused on improving management of IT investments, and streamlining IT operations.
- Financial Management: Our efforts are geared toward reducing improper payments, managing property effectively, and increasing reliability of financial information.
- Acquisitions: We are decreasing contracting risk and developing the acquisition workforce.
- Human Resources: Our agency is committed to hiring the best talent, engaging the workforce, and expecting the best from employees.
- Customer Service: (pdf, 566kb) We are offering online tools to make programming resources widely available and increasing information about development programs.
- Sustainability: Our agency is reducing the government's carbon footprint and integrating the principles of environmental sustainability into policies and activities.
- Open Government: We are promoting transparency, fostering participation, and increasing collaboration.
Last updated: June 26, 2012