Below is a list of frequently asked questions that you may find helpful.
1. What is USAID?
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is an independent federal government agency that receives overall policy guidance from the Secretary of State. USAID provides economic, development, and humanitarian assistance around the world in support of the foreign policy goals of the United States.
2. Where is USAID in Peru located?
USAID in Peru is located in the U.S. Embassy Compound in Lima, Av. La Encalada s/n, block 17, Monterrico, Surco.
3. What is USAID Peru's telephone number?
USAID Peru's telephone number is (51-1) 618-1200.
4. I am interested in employment with USAID Peru. Where can I find information on vacancies?
For information on employment at USAID in Peru, please visit the American Embassy Web Page: http://lima.usembassy.gov/job_opportunites.html.
5. We are a non-profit organization and would like to know how we can get funding for our programs from USAID in Peru?
In partnerships with local public, private, and non-governmental organizations (NGOs)-and taking into consideration U.S. foreign policy interests, the level of available resources, and the role of other donors, USAID/Peru has established a strategy to address Peru's priority needs. Within the parameters of this strategy, USAID's assistance is delivered through a variety of agencies, including U.S. private businesses, U.S. and local non-governmental organizations (NGOs), host government agencies, and public international organizations. The selection of specific contractors and grantees is usually based on competitive processes. Contracting actions are initiated through a request for proposals (RFPs); grants and cooperative agreements are initiated through requests for applications (RFAs) or an annual program statement (APSs). Requests for proposals and applications are posted at: FedBizOpps.
While there is a strong preference to make awards based on competition, USAID/Peru may consider funding unsolicited proposals for unique and innovative initiatives.
6. Where can I find information on doing business with USAID?
You may access this information at: http://www.usaid.gov/work-usaid
7. What are USAID Peru working hours?
From 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, except Peruvian and American Holidays.
8. What is the focus of USAID Peru activities?
In three Development Objectives (DOs):
- Development Objective 1 (DO 1): Alternatives to illicit coca cultivation increased in targeted regions.
- Development Objective 2 (DO 2): Management and quality of public services improved in the Amazon Basin.
- Development Objective 3 (DO 3): Natural resources sustainably managed in the Amazon Basin and glacier highlands.
Please click here for more information on each DO.
Last updated: November 20, 2014