- Work With USAID
- Partnership Opportunities
- Respond to a Solicitation
- Build a Partnership With Us
- Bring us Your Ideas
- Get Involved
How USAID partners
USAID partners with a variety of organizations – from small businesses and local in-country organizations to universities and international NGOs – to support and implement a wide range of development programs around the world.
USAID partners with organizations through one of three award types:
- Contracts (Acquisition): Direct purchase of goods or services by the federal government.
- Grants (Assistance): Transfer of funds to another party for the implementation of programs that contribute to the public good and further the objectives of the Foreign Assistance Act.
- Cooperative Agreement (Assistance): Similar to a grant, but with substantial involvement from USAID.
The type of award depends on the type of work, purpose of the funding, and nature of the relationship between the Agency and the implementing partner. More in-depth information about each award type, including registration requirements, may be found in the Our Process document.
Private Voluntary Organizations (commonly referred to as non-profit, non-governmental or civil society organizations) have separate registration requirements. Learn more about PVO Registration.
Further USAID acquisition and assistance information can be found at the links below:
- Business Forecast: A forecast of current or future opportunities to work with USAID.
- Search for Opportunities: Resources to help find and apply for USAID opportunities: Grants.gov and FedBizOps.gov.
- Grant and Contract Process: A step-by-step guide on the USAID Acquisition & Assistance award process.
- Grant and Contract Resources: Relevant regulations, policies and resources pertaining to USAID awards.
- Training On How To Work With USAID: Virtual training sessions that provide basics of how to find opportunities and effectively work with USAID.
- Unsolicited Proposals & Grant Applications: How to submit a new and innovative idea for funding via an unsolicited proposal or grant application.
- USAID Awards and Implementing Partners: A searchable database that provides information on USAID’s most recent awards and implementing partners: USASpending.gov.
- Ocean Transportation: Opportunities for firms that supply ocean transportation, and are interested in USAID's food aid program.
- Acquisition & Assistance Ombudsman: USAID official tasked with managing complaints about specific acquisition and assistance proceedings.
Last updated: October 24, 2013