For Immediate Release
A new program launching this month will provide educational opportunities for hundreds of Kosovo’s rising leaders through scholarships, partnerships, and exchanges with American universities. The United States Agency for Development (USAID) is in the process of procuring services to implement the Transformational Leadership Scholarships and Partnerships Program, a five-year program that aims to further develop a professional cadre of leaders who can drive significant economic, political, and social development in Kosovo.
The program will support a minimum of 160 scholarships for U.S.-based master’s degree programs in Rule of Law, Engineering, Public Administration, Agriculture, Business Management, Finance, Economics, Information Systems, Education, Gender Studies, and Interdisciplinary Studies by February 2019.
USAID/Kosovo is inviting all interested prospective master’s candidates in these fields to apply through an open call for applications for the 2014-2015 academic year. Approximately 50 scholarships will be granted through this initial call.
- Kosovo residency and citizenship;
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution;
- Commitment to return to Kosovo upon completion of the program to serve in the Citizens Corps for at least two years;
- English language proficiency;
- Ability to begin the program of study in the United States in Fall 2014;
- Ability to receive and maintain a U.S. J-1 exchange visitor visa;
- Ability to demonstrate professional aptitude and leadership potential in the selected field of specialization;
- Possession of a passport from Kosovo, valid until at least October 2016.
For more information about the application process, please refer to the USAID/Kosovo website (http://www.usaid.gov/kosovo/partnership-opportunities) or Facebook page (www.facebook.com/usaidkosovo). The application form can be downloaded directly from the website.
CVs and applications should be submitted via email to PristinaUSAIDScholarships@usaid.gov no later than February 14, 2014.
Last updated: May 20, 2014