Grantee: Prince’s Youth Business International.
Duration: 3 years (April 2012 to March 2015).
Funding to date: $693,497 (DA)
Total Investment - $2 million.
Beneficiary Countries: Barbados, St. Vincent & Grenadines, St. Lucia, Dominica and Antigua & Barbuda.
Objective: Expand access to entrepreneurial support activities for young people throughout the Caribbean and to create a regional center of excellence to develop existing Youth Business Trusts and establish new Trusts in the Caribbean.
● Optimize the number of young people supported to become entrepreneurs,
● Build awareness of opportunity through youth entrepreneurship,
● Build the capacity of Youth Business Trusts (YBT) to support young entrepreneurs,
● Improve the quality of support available to young entrepreneurs,
● Expand the number of YBTs in the region,
● Establish the Caribbean Center of Excellence for youth entrepreneurship development, and
● Research, collate and share lessons learned to establish best practice across the region.
Youth Beneficiaries Target: Business start-up support for 3,000 youth
Program Status: Agreement signed April 2012.
Last updated: March 25, 2013