Start date: April 15, 2013
End date: April 15, 2016
Project budget: $1.7 million
Implementer: Winrock International
Support the Government of Macedonia's efforts in improving renewable energy enabling environment and implementing relevant strategies with the goal to increase investment in energy generation from renewable sources, and reduce Macedonia’s total final energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions.
Streamline renewable energy project development and investment processes — activities are undertaken aimed at improving renewable energy enabling environment.
- Establish low-emissions-development planning processes and procedures — activities focus on assisting the Government of Macedonia in improving the legal framework in planning, launching and implementing low-emissions-development processes and procedures to advance economic growth, improve environmental management and meet development objectives.
The Project coordinates its activities with other USAID projects and with bilateral and multilateral donors to prevent duplication of efforts, and enable identification of synergistic activities.
- Improved renewable energy enabling environment.
- Established mechanism for sustainable and efficient renewable energy public private dialogue.
- Enhanced capacities of the GoM to set a national framework for prioritizing low emission developments.
- Improved legal framework in planning, launching and implementing low-emissions-development processes and procedures that will ultimately lead to reduction of energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions.
Last updated: March 25, 2014