Start date: September 2012 Duration: 24 months
Anticipated Project budget (Life of Project): $1,500,000
Implementer: Milieukontakt Macedonia
Strengthen civil society and raise awareness, boost activism, and bolster local resilience to global climate change.
• Green Agenda – Engage stakeholders in a participatory process designed to develop consensus-based strategies and action plans to address adaptation to climate change and mitigation of its effects.
• Pilot Projects/Urgent Actions – Plan and implement pilot projects and urgent actions that enhance stakeholders’ adaptation to and mitigation of the effects of climate change while incentivizing their participation.
• Capacity Building – Provide participants with the skills and knowledge necessary to increase their resilience to climate change and to strengthen their ability to engage in civic advocacy.
• Four to eight municipal climate change strategies and action plans will be produced and implemented.
• Public awareness of climate change will be raised.
• Measures to mitigate the effects of climate change will be undertaken.
• Measures to adapt to the effects of climate change will be undertaken.
• Participants’ ability and willingness to engage in civic activism and advocacy will be increased.
• Civil society organizations, citizens, municipalities and the private sector will cooperate and collaborate more.
Last updated: February 25, 2013