For Immediate Release
Pristina, May 7- The U.S. Agency for International Development Mission in Kosovo is launching a new program to increase the engagement of all citizens in Kosovo’s institutions and society as a whole.
Advancing Kosovo Together (AKT) is a three-year activity that aims to increase constructive inter-ethnic cooperation and interaction, primarily between the Kosovo Albanian majority and Kosovo Serb non-majority population, which is vital to the security and stability of the Balkans. The program works in partnership with municipalities and other Government partners to support the engagement of targeted communities. USAID has allocated $7.5 million for the implementation of the Advancing Kosovo Together.
The Advancing Kosovo Together program is envisioned to implement activities and target beneficiary communities in 16 partner Kosovo municipalities, including Gračanica/Graçanicë, Klokot/Kllokot, Novo Brdo/Novobërdë, Parteš/Partesh, Ranilug/Ranillug, Štrpce/Shtërpcë; Gjilan/Gnjilane, Istog/Istok, Klinë/Klina, Obiliq/Obilić, Pejë/Peć, Vushtrri/Vučitrn, North Mitrovica/Mitrovica e Veriut, Leposavić/Leposaviq, Zubin Potok/Zubin Potok, and Zvečan/Zveçan.
USAID’s Advancing Kosovo Together program supports the following four objectives:
- Improve autonomous, horizontal communication between: (a) Kosovo Albanian and non-majority communities; and (b) the GoK and non-majority communities;
- Improve economic opportunities in target municipalities;
- Increase the efficiency and capacity of target municipal administrations to respond to the needs of all their citizens; and
- Using local partners, build the capacity of host country organizations by leveraging local, cross-ethnic leadership to implement program objectives 1, 2 and 3.
Advancing Kosovo Together will be implemented by Chemonics International Inc.
USAID, an independent federal government agency that receives overall foreign policy guidance from the Secretary of State, has provided economic and humanitarian assistance worldwide for over 50 years. USAID this year marks 15 years for Partnering for Positive Change in Kosovo.
Related Press Releases
- USAID Launches new $11.8 million Agricultural Growth and Rural Opportunities (AGRO) Program
- USAID pokreće novi program Poljoprivredni razvoj i ruralne mogućnosti (AGRO) vrednosti 11.8 miliona američkih dolara
- USAID-i nis programin e ri Zhvillimi Bujqësor dhe Mundësitë Rurale (AGRO) me vlerë 11.8 milion dollarë amerikan
Last updated: May 06, 2015