- Our Work
- Kilas Balik
- Pencapaian Kami
- Dollars to Results
- Partnership Opportunities
USAID’s Program to Extend Scholarships to Achieve Sustainable Impacts (PRESTASI) provided scholarships to 232 Indonesians since 2007. It is one of the many USAID scholarship programs in Indonesia that help individuals, organizations, and institutions acquire the knowledge, skills, and capacity to support Indonesia’s advancement. These scholars are tomorrow’s leaders and are among the best investments in Indonesia’s future.
In 2013, 31 scholarship recipients were selected from more than 800 applicants from across Indonesia for their high academic performance, professional experience, and dedication to improving the lives of others in Indonesia. They will pursue master’s degrees in the fields of economics, democracy and governance, environment, health and education. Most of these educational opportunities are in the U.S., but a small number of students study in Indonesia.
PRESTASI, a $25 million program, is open to all Indonesians with high academic performance, professional experience, and a dedication to improving the lives of others. The program gives special consideration to promising individuals from disadvantaged and under-represented geographical areas in Indonesia. PRESTASI also strongly encourages women to apply to the program.
Since 1950, USAID and its predecessor agencies have provided scholarships to U.S. universities for more than 3,500 Indonesians and non-degree training to tens of thousands of Indonesians.
The selection process is highly competitive. Candidates must show:
- Leadership abilities
- Excellence in a technical field
- Academic interests relevant to USAID/Indonesia and Government of Indonesia development goals
- Academic or other necessary qualifications for the desired training
- Indonesian Citizen
- Not an employee of USAID / USAID contractors
- Available for a minimum of 10 years of employment prior to retirement upon completion of study
- Evidence of English ability in the form of either a TOEFL score of 450, or the IELTS equivalent.
For more information please visit www.prestasi-iief.org
Last updated: February 13, 2015