- Work With USAID
- Partnership Opportunities
- Respond to a Solicitation
- Build a Partnership With Us
- Bring us Your Ideas
- Get Involved
Public-private partnerships for development, including Global Development Alliances (GDAs), have gained notable reputation and accountability. These alliances have proven to be beneficial for both business and society. USAID and the Office of Innovation and Development Alliances/Global Partnerships Division (IDEA/GP), the stewards of the GDA program, have provided the following tools and resources to assist private sector organizations and implementing partners in building public-private partnerships.
- Tools for Alliance Builders [PDF] – Detailed handbook on how to build Global Development Alliances. The handbook provides information on how to find and work collaboratively with private sector partners; and the process for navigating USAID policies and procedures related to its annual programming cycle and the obligation of its funds.
- Building Alliances Sector Guide Series – A series of 11 guides on how to build alliances across a variety of sectors including agriculture, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, emergencies, energy, extractives, health, microfinance, water and workforce development.
- Partnership Database – Database of information on public-private partnerships and GDAs across the entire Agency.
- Partnership Interactive Map – Find out where USAID is working around the world in partnership with the private sector.
- Global Frameworks – Information about select, strategic private sector partners that have a global agreement or MOU with USAID.
- Alliances in Action – One-page snapshots of key partnerships
- Partnering with USAID: A Guide for Companies [PDF] – Guide for companies on how to build partnerships with USAID
- Partnering with USAID: Building Alliances for Sustainable Solutions [PDF] – Guide for Diaspora groups on how to partner with USAID.
Introduction to USAID Partnerships and the Global Development Alliance Model – This 60-minute course explores how USAID partners with the private sector, explains the process for building public-private partnerships and provides information about GDAs.
- (Re)Valuing Public-Private Alliances: An Outcomes-Based Solution [PDF] – White Paper on how to capture the value of public-private partnerships
Evaluating GDA’s: An Analysis of USAID’s Private-Public Partnerships for Development [PDF] – An analysis of the growing importance of the private sector’s contribution to the social and economic growth of emerging markets, and the value and impact of the GDA model.
- Synopsis [PDF]
For more information on or questions about these resources, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: December 17, 2013