(Announcement Number: 13-09)
USAID/Nepal invites applications for employment from all interested and qualified candidates for the position of Roving Secretary in the Executive Office, under a Personal Services Contract (PSC), subject to availability of funds.
OPEN TO: All Interested and Qualified Candidates
POSITION: Roving Secretary, FSN PSC - 6
OPENING DATE: November 1, 2013
CLOSING DATE: November 15, 2013
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
The Roving Secretary provides administrative support and coverage for the Administrative Assistants in various offices during their absence and assists them during busy periods. The incumbent needs to be familiar with all offices of the Mission. The incumbent performs clerical, procedural and administrative duties such as drafting correspondence, memos and reports; providing telephone and receptionist services; maintaining supervisor’s calendar, maintaining filing system, making travel arrangements; requisitioning office supplies; and providing other secretarial services as required.
NOTE: All applicants are instructed to address each selection criterion detailed below. Candidates must meet all of the following requirements:
- Completion of Higher Secondary education is required.
- At least one year of professional administrative or secretarial experience is required.
- Basic knowledge of current events in Nepal as well as typical norms for conducting business and protocol within the diplomatic community is required. Basic knowledge of administrative practices is required.
- Level III (Good Working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing Nepali is required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required. The ability to prioritize work and juggle various duties at one time is required. The ability to adapt quickly to different offices and handle the duties as requested is required.
- Excellent computer skills in using Microsoft Office including Word; Excel; Power Point; Office Calendar; Internet and E-mail is required.
A detailed job description for the position can be obtained by visiting USAID/Nepal website at http://www.usaid.gov/nepal/careers
Interested applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and a C.V. - not to exceed 3 pages - and any other documentation that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed in the full job description. Please provide names of three references and their contact numbers and email addresses as well. Please send your application to the attention of USAID/Nepal Human Resources Office, U.S Embassy Maharajgunj, G.P.O. Box. 295, Kathmandu, Nepal. Applications may be sent electronically to: USAIDNepalHR@usaid.gov
Only short listed applicants will be contacted to participate in the hiring process.
USAID/Nepal is an equal opportunity employer committed to a staff composition that reflects the social and ethnic diversity of Nepali society. We believe that social inclusion and diversity contribute to excellence. Applicants from disadvantaged caste, under-represented ethnic groups, and women are especially encouraged to apply.
Last updated: November 01, 2013