Job Announcement SOL-442-13-000003
Authorized Certifying Officer
The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID/Cambodia) is seeking applications from U.S. citizens interested in providing services for five (5) months as the Authorized Certifying Officer for the Office of Financial Management (OFM) of USAID/Cambodia, providing financial management services to USAID/Cambodia as well as missions requesting support (particularly the Regional Development Mission in Asia (RDMA)).
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Review for correctness and certify for payment complex invoices and/or claims for payment involving program funded contracts, cooperative agreements, grants, host country contracts, and project implementation letters. Also review and certify a full range of complex administrative claims, including a substantial number of international travel vouchers and other entitlement payments. Claims reviewed include a variety of payment provisions including payroll claims, fixed price, cost reimbursement and variable cost contracts and require judgment in adapting USAID procedures to local business customs and laws.
- Monitor program and OE advances to ensure conformity to advance aging regulations, and take action as necessary to bring excess amounts into compliance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field required. Bachelor’s degree in other field combined with relevant prior experience will be considered in lieu of education requirement.
- 3-5 years of practical experience in applying professional principles and accepted practices of accounts payable / accounts receivable is required. Prior financial management experience with USG or USAID regulations, laws and procedures is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of professional accounts payable/receivable principles, practices and terminology. Familiarity with financial management automated systems, MS Word, and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to work with internal and external customers and clearly explain rationales for payment procedures and claims deficiencies. Required to logically and consistently apply detailed regulations, procedures, and contract conditions to the payment process.
This Personal Services Contract is offered for a period of five (5) months, beginning o/a August 1, 2013. This is a resident-hire position, without off-shore hire benefits.
Interested candidates should send a curriculum vitae and Optional Form, OF 612 by June 6, 2013 4:00pm to:
Office of Procurement—USAID/Cambodia
Last updated: August 06, 2013