The United States Government, represented by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), is seeking applications (Optional Form 612) from qualified United States (US) citizens or U.S. Permanent Residents (non-U.S. citizen lawfully admitted for permanent residency) to provide services as a Senior Development Outreach and Communications Specialist (DOC) under a Personal Services Contract, as described in the attached solicitation. The place of performance for this position is Monrovia, Liberia.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applications packages are to be submitted to:
Deputy Executive Specialist
Please cite the solicitation number and position title within the subject line of your email application. Any attachments provided via email shall be Microsoft Word or PDF and should not be zipped. Note that attachments to email must not exceed 3 MB.
A. Please send a completed and signed Optional Form 612 and curriculum vitae containing the following information. Optional Form OF 612 is available at the following website: http://federaljobs.net/forms.htm
1. Personal Information: Full name, mailing address (with Zip Code) day and evening phone numbers, social security number, country of citizenship, highest federal civilian grade held (also give job series and dates held);
2. Education: high school name, city and State (Zip code if known) date of diploma or GED; colleges and universities, name city and State (Zip code if known, majors, type and year of any degrees received;
3. Work Experience: give the following information for your paid and non-paid work experience related to the job for which you are applying (do not send job descriptions); job title (include series and grade if Federal job), duties, and accomplishments, employers name and address, supervisor's name and phone number, starting and ending dates (month and year), hours per week, salary. Indicate if we may contact your current supervisor;
4. Other Qualifications: job-related training courses (title and year), job related skills; for example, other languages, computer software /hardware, tools, machinery, typing speed, job related certificates (current only), job-related honors, awards, and special accomplishments, for examples, publications, memberships in professional or honor societies, leadership, activities, public speaking, and performance awards (give dates but do not send documents unless requested).
B. Application package must include all of the following:
1. A cover letter of no more than 3 pages that demonstrates how the candidate's qualifications meet the work requirements;
2. A curriculum vitae which, at a minimum, describes education, latest experience and career achievements;
3. A completed and signed OF-612, please send signed and scanned copy if applying by e-mail;
4. A relevant writing sample, minimum of two pages and maximum of ten pages;
5. Names, current and accurate contact numbers (e-mail and phone) of three professional references that have knowledge of the applicant's abilities to perform the duties set forth in the solicitation;
6. A written statement certifying the date and length of time for which the candidate is available for the position;
All of the above information must be included in the application package in order for the package to be considered complete.
Applications must be submitted no later than August 17, 2014, 4:00 pm Local Time.
Last updated: July 28, 2014