- What We Do
- Agriculture and Food Security
- Democracy, Human Rights and Governance
- Economic Growth and Trade
- Ending Extreme Poverty
- Environment and Global Climate Change
- Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment
- Global Health
- Water and Sanitation
- Working in Crises and Conflict
- U.S. Global Development Lab
- Cornerstone Partners
- Partner With The Lab
- Lab Vacancy Announcements
- Development Innovation Ventures
- Data & Analytics for Development
- Digital Development
- Global Development Alliances
- Grand Challenges for Development
- Higher Education Solutions Network (HESN)
- International Research & Science Programs
- Leveraging Universities
- Pioneers Prize
- Research and Innovation Fellowships
- Science at USAID
Development Innovation Ventures (DIV) runs an open competition for bold development ideas in any sector and any country in which USAID operates.
Those interested in applying to the DIV competition must first submit a Letter of Interest (LOI) for review. Selected candidates from the LOI round will later be invited to submit a Full Application. Instructions and guidance on how to apply can be found in DIV's Annual Program Statement (APS).
The purpose of this APS is to disseminate information to prospective applicants so that they may develop and submit applications for USAID funding. This APS:
Describes the types of projects for which applications will be considered;
Describes the funding available and the process and requirements for submitting applications;
Explains the criteria for evaluating applications; and,
Refers prospective applicants to relevant documentation available on the internet.
USAID reserves the right to fund any or none of the applications submitted under this APS. After the closing date for applications, the Agreement Specialist (DIV@usaid.gov) becomes the sole point of contact for all applicant inquiries.
Applications sent by any other means (including Grants.gov) will not be considered.
Applicants who were invited to submit full applications under APS 4.0 (LOIs submitted between April 15, 2013 to April 15, 2015) can review DIV's 2013-2014 APS for reference here.
Applicants are encouraged to closely review DIV's APS here for the most detailed information on how to apply.
Additional resources can also be found on these pages:
Last updated: April 16, 2014