- What We Do
- Agriculture and Food Security
- Democracy, Human Rights and Governance
- Economic Growth and Trade
- Ending Extreme Poverty
- Environment and Global Climate Change
- Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment
- Global Health
- Water and Sanitation
- Working in Crises and Conflict
- U.S. Global Development Lab
- Cornerstone Partners
- Partner With The Lab
- Development Innovation Ventures
- Data & Analytics for Development
- Digital Development
- Global Development Alliances
- Global Partnerships
- Grand Challenges for Development
- Higher Education Solutions Network (HESN)
- International Research & Science Programs
- Makers For Development
- Research and Innovation Fellowships
- Science at USAID
Development Innovation Ventures (DIV) runs an open competition for bold development ideas in any sector and any country in which USAID operates.
Those interested in applying to the DIV competition must first submit a Expression of Interest (EOI) for review. Guidance on how to apply can be found in DIV's Annual Program Statement (APS). Although the FY14-15 APS has expired, it includes the most detailed information on DIV's evaluation criteria and should be used as a resource when applying to DIV.
The purpose of this APS is to disseminate information to prospective applicants so that they may develop and submit applications for USAID funding. This APS:
Describes the types of projects for which applications will be considered;
Describes the funding available and the process and requirements for submitting applications;
Explains the criteria for evaluating applications; and,
Refers prospective applicants to relevant documentation available on the internet.
USAID reserves the right to fund any or none of the applications submitted under this APS. After the closing date for applications, the Selections Manager (DIV@usaid.gov) becomes the sole point of contact for all applicant inquiries.
Applications sent by any other means (including Grants.gov) will not be considered.
Applicants are encouraged to closely review DIV's APS for the most detailed information on how to apply.
Additional resources can also be found on these pages:
Last updated: May 18, 2015