- Who We Are
- Mission, Vision and Values
- Annual Letter
- USAID History
- Operational Policy (ADS)
- Resource Portal
The Board for International Food and Agricultural Development (BIFAD) advises USAID on agriculture and higher education issues pertinent to food insecurity in developing countries. The President appoints members, who primarily represent the academic community. BIFAD was established by Title XII of the Foreign Assistance Act. The Board and Title XII recognize the critical role of U.S. land-grant institutions in agricultural development, domestically and abroad, and support their representation in USAID development programs.
- Dr. Brady Deaton, BIFAD Chair & Chancellor Emeritus of University of Missouri
- Catherine Bertini, Professor, Syracuse University
- Dr. Waded Cruzado, President, Montana State University-Bozeman
- Dr. Gebisa Ejeta, Distinguished Professor, Purdue University
- Harold L. Martin, Sr., Chancellor, North Carolina A&T State University
- Marty McVey, President, McVey & Associates LLC
If you have any questions, please contact the BIFAD Executive Director, Susan Owens, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-712-0218.
Recent Publication: Title XII Report to Congress FY2013
Recent Event: Feeding the World in 2050: How Human and Institutional Capacity Development Can Support Agricultural Innovation Systems
BIFAD and USAID with support from the Association of Public and Land-grant Universities (APLU) hosted an e-consultation on human and institutional capacity development in November, 2014. The e-consultation began with a webinar on November 17th and was followed by an AgExchange online discussion from November 18-20th. To learn more about the HICD AgExchange, visit the home page on the Agrilinks website.
Last updated: January 09, 2015