- Who We Are
- Mission, Vision and Values
- Annual Letter
- USAID History
- Operational Policy (ADS)
- Resource Portal
The Board for International Food and Agricultural Development (BIFAD) advises USAID on agriculture and higher education issues pertinent to food insecurity in developing countries. The President appoints members, who primarily represent the academic community. BIFAD was established by Title XII of the Foreign Assistance Act. The Board and Title XII recognize the critical role of U.S. land-grant institutions in agricultural development, domestically and abroad, and support their representation in USAID development programs.
- Dr. Brady Deaton, BIFAD Chair & Chancellor Emeritus of University of Missouri
- Catherine Bertini, Professor, Syracuse University
- Dr. Waded Cruzado, President, Montana State University-Bozeman
- Dr. Gebisa Ejeta, Distinguished Professor, Purdue University
- Harold L. Martin, Sr., Chancellor, North Carolina A&T State University
- Marty McVey, President, McVey & Associates LLC
The next BIFAD public meeting will be held from 12:30pm-5pm (Central Time) on Tuesday, October 14, 2014 in Des Moines, IA. The meeting will be streamed live. A link to the global live stream will be posted on this page. Following the BIFAD public meeting, on October 15, BIFAD and USAID will hold a joint World Food Prize pre-event from 10am-noon (Central Time) on the future role of capacity building and higher education in agricultural development.
If you have any questions, please contact the BIFAD Executive Director, Susan Owens, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-712-0218.
Last updated: August 13, 2014