Gender inequity is a cross-cutting issue that affects the long-term development of Bangladesh and hinders economic growth.
In order to incorporate gender into its programs in Bangladesh, USAID will:
- Incorporate recommendations from various gender analyses into project designs to increase gender parity and improve gender equity;
- Require that all implementing partners develop gender strategies for the activities;
- Have a staff gender advisor to ensure integration of gender considerations through participation on project design teams and review of concept papers;
- Continue to facilitate knowledge-sharing on gender and development with other donors in the Women’s Advancement and Gender Equality sub-group of the Local Consultative Group; and
- Structure its monitoring and evaluation activities to track and assess progress towards gender equity.
Last updated: February 19, 2015