The Lab's focus is twofold:
- To produce breakthrough development innovations by sourcing, testing, and scaling proven solutions to reach hundreds of millions of people
- To accelerate the transformation of the development enterprise by opening development to people everywhere with good ideas, promoting new and deepening existing partnerships, bringing data and evidence to bear, and harnessing scientific and technological advances.
What we Do
- Find new ideas for solving development challenges.
- Improve millions of lives by speeding up the adoption of the most promising proven breakthrough innovations.
- Foster catalytic networks and engage non-traditional stakeholders to identify, address, and propose solutions for development challenges and build evidence for better development.
- Proactively seek to build partnerships which leverage the combined skills, assets, technologies, and resources of the public, private, and nonprofit sectors to deliver sustainable development impact.
- Use science, technology, innovation, and partnerships as tools to accelerate USAID’s development objectives around the world.
- Strengthen USAID’s evidence base and build its capacity to apply cutting-edge data analysis and research to measure and improve development impacts.
The Lab is made up of five Centers and two Offices in support of its Mission. Learn about the U.S. Global Development Lab's leadership here.
- The Center for Data, Analysis and Research
- The Center for Development Innovation
- The Center for Global Solutions
- The Center for Transformational Partnerships
- The Center for Mission Engagement and Operations
- The Office of Evaluation and Impact Assessment
- The Office of Engagement and Communications
If you are excited about the Lab’s vision and want to be part of this bold new approach to development, we want to hear from you!
Interactive Map of Global Development Lab Projects
Last updated: March 30, 2015