that seeks to increase the application of science, technology, innovation and partnerships to achieve, sustain and extend the Agency’s development impact to help hundreds of millions of people lift themselves out of extreme poverty.
We do this by working closely with our colleagues across the Agency and by bringing together a diverse set of partners to discover, incubate and scale breakthrough innovations in areas like water, maternal and child health, food security and nutrition, energy, education and financial inclusion.
To discover, test, and scale breakthrough development innovations to solve development challenges faster and cheaper in support of U.S. foreign policy and development goals and to accelerate the transformation of USAID as the world’s premier development agency.
The U.S. Global Development Lab will focus around six initial problem sets, consistent with the U.S. government’s development and foreign policy priorities. With support from the Lab, USAID will dramatically improve or save the lives of over 200 million people in the next 5 years.
- Food Security and Nutrition
- Modernizing Food Assistance
- Ending Preventable Child and Maternal Deaths
- Energy Access
- Water Solutions
- Child Literacy
- Financial Inclusion
- Rights, Participation and Accountability
- Humanitarian Response
The Lab is made up of five Centers and two Offices in support of its Mission.
- The Center for Data, Analysis and Research
- The Center for Development Innovation
- The Center for Global Solutions
- The Center for Transformational Partnerships
- The Center for Mission Engagement and Operations
- The Office of Evaluation and Impact Assessment
- The Office of Engagement and Communications
If you are excited about the Lab’s vision and want to be part of this bold new approach to development, we want to hear from you!
Interactive Map of Global Development Lab Projects
Last updated: August 21, 2014